Tuesday 24 January 2017

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY OFFER NIKON 5600 RM 3450 WITH FOC LENSE AF-P,70-300 ED VR

 NIKON 5600  RM 3450 WITH FOC LENSE

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY  OFFER NIKON 5600  RM 3450 WITH FOC LENSE  AF-P,70-300 ED VR #DAMARU




Nikon 70-300mm VR vs 55-300mm VR


So I thought I would take a moment to compare and contrast these two long telephoto lenses from Nikon. They both have a very similar range of focal length. They are also both very sharp lenses. That might be where the similarities end though.
The 55-300 VR is a DX lens and as such is much smaller and lighter which can certainly be a plus if you are carrying it around all day. The DX lens is also as such cheaper both in build quality and cost. I believe its currently running around 400 US dollars new. The main drawback I see with this lens is that Autofocus is insanely slow. I do not feel like I am exaggerating either. The manual focus ring on this lens is in the front of the lens which means it’s location moves as you zoom. If you are going to try and take pictures of anything that moves a lot you might as well give it up. If on the other hand you want a cheap lens that will give you a narrow depth of field at 300mm and aren’t concerned with the autofocus speed then this is your lens.
Now on to the 70-300 VR which is an FX lens and will work on full frame and crop sensor DSLR’s. This is a much bigger and more well built lens than the 55-300 and as such costs a little more. I believe the 70-300 VR is currently running 589 US dollars. The main advantage this lens has is near instantaneous autofocus. I have been simply amazed at how quick and accurate this lens focuses. Manual focus is also far superior on this lens also. This lens is hefty but not too bad to carry around all day. When it comes to bokeh I like this lens much better than the DX lens. I recently took it out for the day and threw a 35mm f1.8 prime in my pocket and to be honest I did not feel I needed anything else.Re: Nikkor 55-300 mm vs nikkor Nikkor 70-300 mm
1
Amatuer MD wrote:
I don't know if I am totally right in this context, but since 55-300mm is DX lens and 70-300mm is FX lens, I'd get better / actual focal length on shorter zoom length with 55-300mm, while 70-300 mm will act as 105-450mm on my DX body. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong. 55-300mm will act as 55-300mm and 70-300mm will act as 70-300mm. The only difference between DX and FX lens, is that DX-lens will not lighten the whole FX sensor. But as long you are using a DX-camera, you will not see any difference.
Re: Nikkor 55-300 mm vs nikkor Nikkor 70-300 mm
Actually, I am pretty sure you are right. The 70-300 will give you an effective field of view similar to 105-450.
I used to own the 55-300 and didn't like it at all. I found the AF to be too slow for my needs (motorsport and airshows) and the images were a bit soft, although that could well have been user error. A friend of mine has the 70-300 and it does produce some very nice images throughout most of the zoom range but it does get a little bit soft towards the long end.
I guess you really need to try and understand exactly what images you want from the lens. Will you be bothered by the gap in focal range or will you mostly be using the long end?

Jay OC • 
Re: Nikkor 55-300 mm vs nikkor Nikkor 70-300 mm
The70-300 will effectively  act as a 105 - 450. But you will loose 1/3 of the FOV. Check  the Nikon website  and review the        specs for the lens  on a DX body.
I have the 55-300.  I use it for wildlife shots.  So focusing speed is not as much  an issue for me. I have gotten  some good shots with the lens. The only time I had trouble with my D7000 / 55-300 set up was when we were in Grand Tetons National Park. There was some elk in the bushes at a distance and the camera had trouble focusing on the animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment